Professional Liability Insurance for Fitness Instructors
Have Questions? Speak with an insurance agent directly at 1-855-263-5128 (7am–9pm EST)
This insurance program is specifically tailored to meet the unique needs of those individuals engaged in supervising or leading fitness and exercise activities. These include Personal/Fitness Trainers, Therapy/Athletic Trainers, Yoga/Pilates Instructors, and Exercise or Aerobics Instructors.
Why Use Lakeside?
- Competitive Premiums
- Professionals in the Fitness Industries with specialized agents to handle your policy
- Instant Issuance: Quote, Issue and Buy in just minutes to obtain coverage and certificates of insurance.
Why do you need Professional Liability Insurance?
Most gyms where you train your clientele require General Liable and Professional Liability Coverage. Professional liability insurance, also called Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) or Errors and Omissions Insurance (E&O), protects you and your business when you are sued for negligently performing your services. It is a form of liability insurance which helps protect individuals and businesses that provide professional advice and services from bearing the full cost of defending against a negligence claim made by a client.
As a personal trainer, fitness instructor or yoga instructor claims can arise even if you have done nothing wrong. Someone who trains with you could file a claim for injuries sustained during a class.
- A personal trainer instructs an older client to perform a specific exercise that involves a lot of physical exertion. Following the exercise, the client feels dizzy, experiences chest pain, and must be rushed to the hospital. The client later claims that the trainer caused his/her heart attack and mental anguish. This is very unfortunate, but it may not be the fault of the personal trainer.Having professional liability insurance (errors and omissions insurance) may protect you and your personal training business if such a claim is made.Medical care can be expensive, and you could be responsible for medical costs if you don’t have professional liability insurance. Choose a Hanover insurance plan, to help protect you.
- A regular client at a Yoga studio develops shoulder pain and blames the yoga instructor for providing poor instruction and supervision. The client chooses to file a claim for medical injuries and expects the yoga instructor to pay for related care.A professional Liability policy could protect you in this situation.
Loss of Personal Information: A personal trainer misplaces a client file that contains the client’s address, social security number, credit card number, and other records of personal information. This was an accident, of course, and not an intentional act of malice on the part of the personal trainer.
In this instance, a client may file a lawsuit. Fortunately, a professional liability could cover claims, subject to your policy’s limit of insurance.
- A certified fitness instructor challenges a regular client to attempt a heavier weight. The client injures their back while attempting it and requires surgery and time off work to recover. The client later submits a claim against the fitness instructor for negligence.A professional liability policy may protect you in a situation like this.
Since lawsuits related to personal training can sometimes arise months, or even years after a session took place, now is the best time to get a quote.
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from Colorado's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.