Gym, Fitness Center and Health Club Insurance
Specialized insurance solutions for the fitness center industry!
Have you ever had concerns that your Health Club may not have the proper coverage?
Fitness centers like yours need unique coverage solutions. Are you aware of the growing litigation in:
- Sexual misconduct
- Abuse and molestation
- Assault and Battery
- Do your personal trainers have adequate professional liability and are you protected from them injuring themselves?
At Lakeside Insurance, we offer top-rated coverage for the sports and fitness industry, including options for personal trainers at very competitive rates. The coverage types and amounts you need for your facility will depend on several factors such as the size of the facility, the services offered, and the number of employees and independent contractors. As an independent agent, we have the ability to shop multiple markets and locate the best coverages for your specific needs. You will be working with an experienced seasoned staff and we know what coverages you should have, to give you the peace of mind as a business owner. Each facility is unique and we find that most fitness centers don’t have coverage for the following:
- Gym liability insurance: Your gym liability insurance will need to include several categories of liability risks you may face, such as:
- General liability: Covers bodily injury and property damage your fitness center may responsible for.
- Professional liability: Covers risks due to “errors and omissions” by staff members. For example, in the case of a health club or fitness center, advice regarding an exercise regimen that leads to a client’s illness or injury would be covered by professional liability insurance.
Product liability: Covers your risks related to selling products such as workout equipment and nutritional products.
- Employee practices liability insurance: Covers the risk of the gym or fitness center, as an employer, in the event that your facility is accused of poor practices, sexual harassment or discrimination regarding hiring, firing and employee discipline.
- Property coverage: Covers damage to your gym facility from causes such as fire, severe weather and vandalism.
- Equipment coverage: This can be a separate policy, but is often a rider or endorsement attached to the business insurance policy that covers breakdown of your equipment.
- Workers compensation: Covers work-related injuries or illnesses your employees may experience on the job, and covers some portion of lost wages.
- Sexual misconduct: Sexual Molestation is an increasing problem in today’s society, affecting many businesses. Covers lawsuits from sexual abuse situations.
- Assault and Battery: Covers lawsuits from Physical and Verbal Assaults suffered by your customers.
Types of Insurance and related applications:
Does your health club sell apparel or nutrition bars/supplements? Does your 24 hour gym have emergency shut off’s for customers to wear that work out after hours? Every fitness center listed below needs to complete this application. Below are some features that your gym may have as well. Please complete those applications in conjunction with the above.
- Large and small health clubs
- Pools and spas
- 24/7 key access clubs
- Franchise Operations
- Snack/Juice Bars
- Spin Classes
- Rock Walls/Ropes Courses
- Cross Fit
- Special Events
- Martial arts
- Racquetball / Squash
24 Hour Gyms
These types of fitness centers are open 24/7 and are at a higher risk due to the increased hours of operation. Underwriters typically like to see that there are safety precautions in place with fitness centers that are always open. Please complete this application.
If your fitness center includes a day spa offering services such as manicures/pedicures, massages, hair services or even an oxygen bar then please complete this application. If you are unsure if your services would be classified as day spa please open the application and review the list of services that would fall under this classification.
Does your fitness center do any type of martial arts classes for kids or adults? Whether these classes involve contact with others or not, please complete this application.
If your fitness center has any sort of pool or hot tub, please complete this application.
If you have any sort of rock wall, please complete this application.
This can be anything from your typical climbing rope to a cargo net. If you are not sure if your fitness center falls under this category, check out the application.
Does your fitness center have a waterpark exposure such as slides, diving boards or even playgrounds in the pools? Please complete this application.
Other Coverages Available:
- General Liability
- Business Auto
- Errors and Omissions
- Workers Compensation
- Employee Dishonesty
- Mobile Gym Equipment
- Special Events
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Employee Practices Liability
- Abuse/Molestation Coverage
- Cyber Liability/Data Breach
- Liquor Liability
Fitness Center Crew at Lakeside Insurance:
Regardless of the type of gym or health club you operate, you need coverage that specifically matches your unique risks and concerns. As an independent agent who specializes in fitness insurance, we can help to assess your risks and get the right coverage plan in place.
Health Club Insurance Program Director
Direct Line – 720-833-4550
Need an insurance quote? Get in touch!
Access quotes from Colorado's most trusted insurance carriers. It’s comparison shopping at the click of a mouse.